By chance, a few days ago I came across three free courses from the University of Augusta. These courses have been recognized by the NSA’s cybersecurity curriculum program.
The courses are the following:
- The Global Cyber Threat Environment
- Cyber Conflict
- Strategic Cybersecurity
I have not had time to go through all the courses however ‘The global Cyber Threat Environment’ and ‘Cyber Conflict’ courses seem very interesting after watching some of the videos.
If you are a threat intel or threat analyst these courses will be handy as they will add geopolitical and strategic context to your investigations, especially in the area of Advanced Persistent Threats in geographies such as Iran, China, North Korea, and Russia.
Some of the subjects in the video are:
- Iranian, Chinese, Russian and North Korean cyber operations
- Iranian, Chinese, Russian and North Korean cyber intelligence
- Understanding the Iranian, Chinese, Russian and North Korean mindset
- Iranian, Chinese, Russian and North Korean cyber background
The courses have been developed under creative commons license so they are free and they also come together with an interesting list of books such as :
- Introduction to cyber-warfare
- The hacked world order: Nations fight, trade, Maneuver and Manipulate in the digital age
- Dark Territory: the secret history of cyber war
The link to the course videos here.